Friday, November 9, 2007

National Throw a French Fry Day

Today is good so far. A bit hurried...but good. Adrien and I woke up at around 8:20, which left little time to get to our 9:00 walking play date. Dang it. No time to stop at Starbucks or McDonald's or Sonic or anywhere for coffee along the way. Oh well. We made it, and we weren't even the last people to arrive. We walked the trail with the mommies and then played on the play ground for a while and then we all went to Olive Garden for the soup and salad lunch where we had to wait outside for 15 minutes with our screaming babies and toddlers for them to open at 11am. It was fun though. I feel bad for the new mommy in our group though. She sat right next to Adrien, and he kept throwing french fries, salad, pieces of chicken strip, and whatever else her way. I think she must have had at least 10 french fries under her chair. Then I learned she's only been in this country for like 3 weeks. She just moved here from Mexico City. Wow, what a welcome: My son throwing food at her. Sorry! She was really nice about it though. I just apologized over and over again. (Not as bad as about two weeks ago when he chunked his whole cup of water at a lady in McDonald's...it fell to the floor and busted open, throwing water EVERYWHERE!)

There's a get together at a friend's house tonight. I guess I won't be attending. I forgot to tell Andi about it (oops) and I don't want to leave Adrien with him another night just so I can go have a few hours to myself. I'm sick of time to myself, HAHA! Never thought you'd hear me say it? I'm sure you're getting ready to throw your french fry at me at this very moment...or sitting there reading this with a puzzled looked on your face. But it's true. He was with Andi's parents Saturday night through Monday afternoon. The week before last, Andi watched him three nights in a row while I did stuff for the mommy group or went to a mom's night out. Last week he watched him for a few hours while I met the other playgroup organizers at Starbucks for a late night chat about group affairs. So I'm just personal-timed out.

Tuesday is Andi's birthday. He insists he doesn't want to celebrate this year. I know that's a crock. I feel like I should have some big huge thing planned for him. Some superb surprise. But I don't. I feel like I should have something planned. period. But I don't. I feel like the worst wife ever, because if it was my birthday and he had nothing planned, I'd be a bit peeved. I do plan to bake him a cake from scratch and cook him whatever meal he wants. Suffice it to say that if the role were reversed right now, I'd be throwing a gigantic temper tantrum. I like birthdays. Specifically, I don't like to feel like mine is being forgotten or over looked. I guess that comes from growing up as an only child -- everything was about me. I'm high maintenance sometimes, but I know he likes it.

I don't really know what else to blog about. This was a let down of a read, I'm sure. But now I'm off to drink the rest of my green tea, watch some telly, and possibly doze off for a little bit before Adrien wakes up.

I live my life nap time to nap time. Bah.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Tuesday is MY birthday too!

Can't remember how I found your blog, but enjoyed reading.

Kelly said...

Thats so funny. At least the new member was nice. :)
Justin never wants anything done for his birthday..ever. And twice I have surprised him with a surprise party with friends, a keg, and food to boot. But I stoppped doing that. Because you know what..he has NEVER done anything like that for me. yeah I know..sounds so selfish..but c'mon who secretly doesn't want a surprise party ya know? Now we just get each other little things..I cook for him, find some weird beer and call it a day. He is so happy with that. I wish I was that easy to please...haha

Mimi said...

LOL about the birthdays! I'm the SAME way! My son Sam's turning 3 on Sunday and I've done NADA!

Rich's b-day is in Feb -- always feels too close to Christmas so I never do anything for him! Except we had a Superbowl Party one year when his birthday was on the day of the SuperBowl -- I keep sayin' "Maybe next year...."

Mandie said...

My birthday is on Christmas. Christmas. Freaking. Day. Let's talk about no special treatment. Yeah, it sucks.

Missy said...

I totally missed that holiday!