Thursday, March 27, 2008

This little fine of mine...

So yesterday, I got a ticket.

A big fat, whopping, shiner of a ticket.

And when I say fat, I'm of course referring to the wad of cash it will take to pay my not so tiny fine off.

Trucking along like nobody's business through my local construction zone yesterday, I passed a brand new shiny cop car that, oh yes, just so happened to turn his lights on at the site of me. Never mind the other three cars in front of me. I was last in line.

Shit.

I was talking to my friend on the phone. Shit. I hung up with her and pulled into the closest parking lot -- a local stop and rob. You know, one of those high class Beer and Wine shacks.

I rolled my window down and handed Mr. Officer my license and insurance. This is how the conversation took place:

Adrien in the back seat: Uh oh! Uh oh!

Me: Was I speeding?

Mr. Officer: Yes, is there some emergency reason why you were going 39 in a 20 MPH construction zone? [Um, oopsie]

Adrien: Uh oh! Uh oh! [It amazes me how even the young fear the fuzz]

Me: Um, I was on my cell phone. I wasn't paying attention. Sorry. [I mean, did he want the truth, or did he want the truth?]

Adrien: Uh oh! Uh oh! Uh oh!

Me: Yes, Adrien mommy did an Uh Oh.

Mr. Officer: Sign here.

So I signed there, and he printed my ticket.

Adrien: Uh oh! Uh oh!

He hands me my ticket and I glance down to assess the damage. $247!

Shit.

Adrien: Uh oh!

Me:
Yes, Mommy uh-oh'd.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Uh-oh!

Too bad he was not distract by a crime at the store!

Mimi said...

uh-oh, uh-oh!

You ADMITTED to being on the phone?

What about "I was just following the car in front of me?"

Or, "I'm pregnant and have to pee really badly!"

Oh, so sorry!

Rantings by a Middle Aged Drama Queen said...

You should have had adriend throw ketchupy green beans at him so you could make your getaway! LOL B is a future speed racer!

Caffeine Court said...

What a bummer! I can't believe speeding tickets are THAT much!