Friday, February 1, 2008

That new car smell

My Mom is coming to town tonight. That should be fun. It'll be nice to see her again and Adrien hasn't seen her in a while. She's bringing her friend with her...who is coming to buy my car. Yes, we're selling my car! I'm very excited. You know what that means...I'll be getting a new one! At least that's the plan anyway! So tomorrow we're off to the dealership. I think we're going to be coming home with this one. Maybe not though...if I find something else I like more. I would like some more space...but I don't want horrible gas mileage. I was happy with the Jeep though. The first car we test drove was a Dodge Caliber. Although I really liked it, it was too small. The back seat had to be in a reclining position with the front passenger seat all the way forward just to fit the infant carrier into the back seat. Not to mention the fact that Adrien's feet were well within reach of the seat in front of him, making for a great game of kick the momma. The Jeep, on the other hand, had adequate room for everyone. I think I just need to buy a bus for all the room I'd like to have.

So anyway, I'll post soon to let you know what happens! Let's pray for a financing approval. Not sure why but I just picture this scene where we aren't able to buy a car for some unforeseen reason and then I'm stuck car-less and at home all day every day.

3 comments:

Mumbling Mom said...

We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (older model) and love the space. With two in boosters and 2 dogs over the 65lb mark it holds us all pretty well. Have fun with your new car purchase!

Mandie said...

The Saturn Vue Greenline starts at 25k and gets 25/32 fuel economy. It's sharp, too, and just the right size. Not bad for an SUV crossover. That's what I'd buy if we could afford to go brand-new.

Missy said...

Oh good luck car shopping! We dream of buying a newer used volvo station wagon because my husband hauls around a lot of stuff for his work. Though we will cross that bridge when we come to it. My sister has a Jeep liberty and loves it...but hates the gas bills!