What is it with this momma guilt everyone talks about? I mean, did someone have to label it? In any case, at least I have a name for all that weight I carry on my shoulders. Good gracious, I could be accused of bitching again...then we'd have a repeat of anonymous [see here and here for references to anonymous] again. Everyone gasp! I'm about to bitch.
Turn away, turn away.
Things I'm currently feeling guilty about (although the list is ever growing):
- Allowing Adrien to eat as many puffs, goldfish, raisins, and crackers as I do.
- Eating meat.
- Eating pizza for dinner tonight.
- Drinking so much caffeine.
- Not cleaning near as much as I should.
- Not wanting to clean near as much as I should.
- Spending money -- on anything.
- Not giving my husband sex more often.
- Not wanting sex more often.
- Enjoying the internet entirely too much.
- Really wanting one of those Hostess cupcakes my husband insisted on buying.
- Not changing Adrien's diaper more often sometimes.
- Not bathing Adrien more often (he's not filthy, come on!).
- Feeling guilty.
- Buying non-organic milk. Although I do buy milk sans rBGH.
- Buying mostly non-organic fruits and veggies, because hey, let's face it: The grocery stores here have zero selection when it comes to organic produce.
- Feeling like I don't play with my son nearly enough.
- Allowing my son to watch television (omg, I'm rotting his brain).
- The occasional trip to McDonald's I take..that I swore I never would.
- For wanting a hair cut.
I know there are about a bazillion things I'm leaving off.
It's no small feat that any of us go through our days carrying this around and still manage to pack a few kids around on our hips with diaper bags, strollers, and the occasional dog to-boot. Not to mention the husband.
Hercules has nothing on us moms. We kick ass...
...and then feel guilty about it.