Sunday, April 6, 2008

Filled to the Measure

Oh my goodness. I'm so incredibly, incredibly exhausted from this weekend. But also refreshed in that spiritual sense. I had such an amazing time and felt so entrenched in my own spirituality for the first time in so long. I've been making a concerted effort lately to get myself in order so that I may start to walk the path that God is laying out for me. I really had some time to reflect and give thanks for that path this weekend. I almost feel like I need more time. I always feel like I need more after these retreats are over. You just get that hunger, ya know? It's like when you don't feel hungry until you start to eat.

I was surrounded by so many wonderful women this weekend. The woman who led us this weekend was so amazing. She just has that spark. That intangible goodness that comes when you're living God's love.

I had so many great experiences this weekend, and so many thoughts I'd like to explore; paths that have been set out and epiphanies about to burst forth. I really need to make notes on all this. You know, before life gets in the way as it often does.

This weekend was such a gift. And it's not one I'd like to have received only to put it away somewhere out of sight. I want to keep my gift with me, and bring it up to its full potential. I want to take my gift, cut it out in tiny pieces and spread it around so that everyone who meets me takes a part.

I've been hearing The Call for quite a while now. I need to follow it.

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:14-19

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I am glad you had a great weekend..I think us mommy's need something like that ya know..whether its a religious, spiritual or medatative endever..its good to get those feelings. I need that. I am not a religious sort so to speak, but I do need those moments that you speak of..and I have found many of those while doing yoga. That is my religion. Glad all is well I missed you!

Mimi said...

That's so wonderful that you had a great weekend!

I love that feeling of renewal... so exciting!