Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am what I think I am

God called me lazy today.

For the last while, and especially this week, I've been moping around feeling pretty sorry for myself. I haven't been getting dressed. I haven't been cleaning. I've been flat out sour.

Today I had a meeting with the local MOPS group I've joined. It was Christmas craft day and my day was brightened even more because my Mother in law was taking care of my two year old. I was left with only one child in-tow and I'd gotten his feeding schedule just-so this morning as to not disturb my 10am to noon crafting session. I was going to drop my baby off in the nursery at church, go my meeting, drink coffee and act like the refreshed mother I'm not. But it was going to be wonderful.

And it was.

Until I was Convicted.

The devotional this morning was on Proverbs 31:10-31.


10 [c] A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.

14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.

15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.

16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.

19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.


Okay, God. I hear You loud and clear. I'm getting dressed tomorrow. I did the dishes this afternoon.

4 comments:

Missy said...

I am proud of you!

Missy said...

PS: I have a lot of work to do!

Rantings by a Middle Aged Drama Queen said...

hey honey! I miss you soooooooooo much! I hope things get easier for you. If it makes you happy, I have not had a car in like 2 months so I am on "lockdown" also. LOL

Sheila said...

Sometimes we need a gentle reminder... to give us that swift kick in the back.

I have had those days and I have learned to start off small and gradually build myself back up to all the things I know I should be doing. :)